Wednesday, November 30, 2011

ThankSGiving

woot I love it. 1. Familia That's what it's all about. We made tons of food and I ate half of what was on my plate before passing out on the couch while everyone else finished the feast. That turkey really got to me! We watched a bond a thon that was on, well, just parts of the Roger Moore era; a view to a kill, for your eyes only, actually I passed out at the end of a view to a kill and woke up at the beginning of octopussy but I knew it right away from that teeny tiny jetplane. We took a walk in the evening across the new ped bridge by the fairly new Tempe Center for the Arts next to the not really new Tempe Town Lake (STILL a dumb name).
2. Blau My nephew calls all stringed instruments "blau"s. I decided to bring my uke up and give it to him since it broke in the intense humidity of my apartment this summer. He started playing it as soon as he got it, but he didn't strum, no no. Being the child of my sister and her husband, both cellists, one professionaly, he found a stick (actually it's a harry potter wand), sat down, put it to his left shoulder and started to bow it. THE CUTEST THING EVER.
3. TREES we set up adam's family's tree the next day. Some of my favorite ornaments: Baby Adams:
The only time the braves one in recent history:
and the two best, Phil's finest hour and Raskolnikov, the Angel-attacking christmas clown
We ate turkey soup and watched Captain America. Sunday night we went home, turkeyless but happy.

1 comment:

  1. We're all gonna be calling string instruments "blaus" for the next forever, aren't we?

    ReplyDelete