Sunday, August 26, 2012

Time to get crack-a-lackin'!

SO WE MOVED
This whole year has been a pretty crazy run to the finish line- the finish line being the end of our life in Tucson and the beginning of, well, a lot! A year ago I had just started my job with the school district knowing that it would only be for one year because we were definitely moving to wherever Adam got into OT school come summer.  I didn't know where we were going to end up, I didn't know that when we DID move I would be 7 months pregnant. I also had no idea that I would finally know what I've been craving to know since I started college; that I am actually good at something I feel is worth-while. More than good. I'm pretty great. I hope everyone gets to experience that in their lives. Tucson was good to me. 

Goodbye...
the good:


the bad:



might as well admit the ugly:



THE COUNTDOWN CONTINUES
Only 3 1/2 weeks till baby girl's due date.  Her room isn't completely ready, but it's getting there! 




ADAM STARTS SCHOOL TOMORROW
He and I had kind of a lazy week (after a few weeks of really hard work, trying to get our house all settled) and it feels good to finally be starting up routines again.  I will miss getting to spend so much time with him though. 

One of my favorite things that Adam does is he will recount to me the entire plot of a classic novel when we are in the car or just sitting around (below is his new "reading" chair he found at goodwill). I am serious. Its like having an abridged audiobook on.  
  

One of my least favorite things that Adam does? He listens to baseball on the radio. Ugh. 

I dont' know who this guy is but I hate him. 


"Rodrigo McDillypuddy steps up to the plate and let me go on for 5 minutes about something while the players are busy doing absolutely nothing at all because its BASEBALL and nothing EVER HAPPENS IN BASEBALL... ok now something happened and I'm using my annoyingly nasal voice to describe it and ok now back to pretentiously quoting statistics at you for another 10 minutes..." 



7 comments:

  1. Hah right ON with the baseball commentary--sooo annoying! Also, I think you summed up Tucson very well: UofA, potholes, and the No-tel Motel.

    I'm excited for Peace-Love Sakievich to be born (that's what I'm going to call her until the other name is official) I can't wait til the SakiRickses will be reunited!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol Paige you are so witty. We will be spending a week or two up near P-town come Adam's fall break around Thanksgiving so we definitely need to hang out!!!

      Delete
  2. Oh I'm so glad you have a blog, please keep posting these on FB and maybe it will feel like you've never left! Glad to see things are settling in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to post every sunday... I am going to try to go back to doing that!

      Delete
  3. I agree with Tiffany! And way to go on Cora's room! That was quick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks brooke! I was lucky it was already painted a cute color... we just had to scour goodwill and craigslist for the rest!

      Delete
  4. That is Colin Cowherd. The man does nothing but whine.

    ReplyDelete