Monday, November 26, 2012

The Giving of Thanks

DRIVING WITH BABY GIRL = CRAZY but WORTH THE TRIP
a 10 hour drive took us 15 hours.... I guess this is just what being a parent is about! We decided I should fly back instead of drive since sitting for so long is hard on my sciatic nerve and Adam would drive back with his brother.  Baby girl cried THE ENTIRE FLIGHT. Good thing I sat next to the jet engine- i think it drowned out her cries a little. Anyways it was a great thanksgiving.

IN SPANISH FARK
My Grandmother Lucille got to see the baby the day after we arrived, along with my sister and my nephew, James, who as you can see is still doing the whole cello-out of a -ukelele thing except now its even cooler with a hawaiian shirt on. We dropped off some of his Christmas presents from Grandma B (my mom) and he promptly opened them... oh well... everyone had fun playing with the magnetic color bucket game including my husband, my uncle, and my brother in law! We visited again on Sunday night for a pre-thankgiving "preview" and played who what where with my cousins... which resulted in some awesome drawings (ie: "grandma getting married at a gas station" and "hermione granger having a staring contest at the grocery store")












IN PLEASANT GROVE
There was a lot of relaxing (when the baby wasn't having to be fed or bounced or coddled).  I played SuperNintendo for the first time and rocked it...sort of... We got a visit from our friends Paige and Joe, ate some awesome food, and just enjoyed the fam. One day, we went strolling through downtown... yeah not much there. Only several boutiques and a park. It is a cute city nevertheless. 





the view from their front/side/back yard of Mt Timpanogos is stunning! 







I AM THANKFUL FOR LOTS OF STUFF
especially family :)

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for making the trip all the way here. I am so glad we got to see you guys!! Thanks for taking some pictures, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were so happy to see you guys! I am sorry to hear baby girl cried the whole ride home too :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was so much fun to have you, Adam, and little Cora with us for the week. It seems like a long time ago since you left, but it was just over a week ago - but that is about 10% of Cora's whole lifetime!

    I am so sorry you had such a bad trip down, but I am glad you are able to get Cora back onto a routine.

    Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete