APRIL ALREADY? WELL THAT's ALMOST GONE TOO.
I think this year is going by awfully fast. I just got used to saying Baby Girl was 6 months, and she'll be 7 months next week! Yikes. I can hardly remember what I ate for breakfast let alone what has happened in the last few weeks. This is like, the only photo I have.
ok I guess I have these too:
I NEED TO TAKE MORE PICTURES
Not so I can admire them- just so I can remember my life! I wish I wish I wish I had more pictures of my teen and college years. Not that they were especially great but I feel like I'm losing my memories of when what happened and who was there. And pictures can be looked at more objectively than handwritten sentiments of the past.
I did have a journal in high school but- thank the hills- it is lost forever in a computer dump somewhere. No one needs to read that drivel. Not even my posterity.
I had one in 6th grade that I wrote in EVERY DAY. But only because I WAS INSANE. If I didn't write in my journal, the world would end. I'm not kidding.
By the time I'm old and I have all my half-North-Korean grand children around my knee, all I'll be able to say is, "I was born, I bossed people around until I was 10, then I can't remember anything else. How did YOU all get here?"
I guess I'm just feeling nostalgic because I had a dream last night about being back in high school going to France on exchange again... only this time they made me take a test on what items at McDonalds had white meat. Dern Frenchies!
SO IN OTHER NEWS...
Baby Girl is *almost* crawling. Sometimes she gets like, 2 inches forwards. She gets up on her hands and knees and rocks back and forth.
She is also teething. Her two front-bottom teeth have been working their way up for over a week now. She is getting very clingy and whiny.. so I give her frozen grapes (in a feeder) and cold celery to chew on.
I visited Tucson for a few days last week. I babysat the Woodsian chihuahuas and took LOTs of walks by the Rillito and visited friends.
I just started physical therapy (finally) for my back. According to the PT, I have a bulging disc in my L3 or L4. He has me doing ice/heat plus tons of exercises. By exercises I mean only like, laying on my back and pulling my knees up. Nothing very exciting.
My garden is looking great except the birds keep attacking it. They eat my near-ripe tomatoes and pulled out my peas that were just getting started.
I've also been making tons of baby food and freezing it ice-cube style.
so sad. too sad to use correct capitalization.
Oh and...my sis in law is having a baby girl today!
TIMES AND SEASONS
I can't help but feel like some people will read this and think that I live a pathetic life being at home with my baby and making her food and growing a garden and little things like that. Maybe I only imagine that because part of my own brain has been trained to think that way. What they don't know (or what I remind myself) is that these have been some of the most deeply refining and defining months of my life. 'Nuf said.
You make me laugh. Half-North-Korean grandkids. Yes.
ReplyDeleteI absolutely love reading about your life, it is hysterical. And although I'm glad that you no longer feel like the earth is going to be destroyed by asteroids or your journaling negligence, I am highly entertained by hearing about it. I'm also glad that you are living proof that one can be smart and domestic and happy.
ReplyDeleteColton you are the best :) Its easy to silence the inner critic when your friends have your back!
Deleteand I still worry about the world being destroyed sometimes...
Delete