BABY GIRL CAN TALK
Something amazing happens when children reach a vocabulary of around 50 words; their brains explode. Baby Girl is regularly saying things like "shoes off" or "shirt wet" or "baby sad". It is so much fun. And her favorite song to sing to herself is... "hah-sheh, hah-sheh......down!" (ashes ashes we all fall down).
BABY GIRL CAN ALSO THROW A FIT
FAMILY REUNION
We went to Sprucedale guest ranch, which BTW is an awesome place to have a reunion. We mostly just hung out on the porch, talked, and enjoyed the non-110 degree weather. There were also kittens and some crawdads involved.
The Fam.... minus Adam who had school.
Baby Girl can haz cousins!
Singing "Let it Go"
the PORCH!
ADAM IS SO CLOSE TO FINISHING
School is done in two weeks!- his last quarter of OT school. What is OT? It's hard to explain. He will be done with school in August, have a graduation but not really graduation, and then we are moving back to Tucson for his last fieldwork at University Medical Center. When that ends in December, all that's left is to take the board exam.
We've already found a place to rent:
I love love love old houses and this place is almost the same square footage as the house we're in now. It's also a 5 minute bike-ride to UMC.
you know how I love porches...
may have to replace that mirror above the fireplace with something else..
and yes, it has a birdbath!
AS FOR ME, YOU ASK?
This is embarrassing.
I didn't get into grad school this round. Not shocking actually, seeing as how I did it completely last minute, only applied to two extremely competitive schools (although it seems like ALL schools are competitive in my field), and have only an average undergrad GPA. I do have great recommendations from the SLPs I've worked with, and a GRE score that I can be proud of, so that's.... something.
So, I'm going to start applying again in September, maybe take a class this semester to test the waters, and probably apply every year for a decade until I get in. Can I just say though,
I am SO FRUSTRATED in this moment. And writing this, I can't help but worry that some people are going to read it and feel smug. That's because, yes, I am feeling very insecure right now and jealous of you for getting into grad school whoever you are.
Another part of me is like, is this the best time to be obsessing? Because I'm also pregnant.
YEP, WE'RE DOING THIS AGAIN
When I didn't get in, then we were like, ok time for another one! It's a.... fetus! Too early to tell what it is... I'm due in February.




Congrats, Emmers!!!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations!!!
ReplyDelete