Monday, August 17, 2015

Look At Dat Face



OOk it's probably about time I wrote another blog post. Eh?
We've been really busy!!!

We moved last week!
We bought a house! We love it so far. It's right on the Rillito river walk and I can look out my windows and see Mt Lemmon all day. It is not too far away from anything (10 minutes to UMC) but it feels cozy and safe tucked away in a little corner.

Monsoon rains on Mt Lemmon

Fire on Mt Lemmon

there are a LOT of stairs though. I have already fallen down them more than once.


OK so YES also we ARE  still going to go to Flagstaff for my graduate program in 2016 (I think I mentioned already that I deferred enrollment for a year).


I love my mom. She's the best. My mom scraped ALL THE POPCORN off of this ceiling.

Because she loves me. I am spoiled. Also I am spoiled by my dad, who rescued us when our car broke the week after we moved into our new house. We are currently borrowing one of his Nissan pickup trucks..... the same one I drove in college. Well, one of the ones I drove in college. I've driven THREE different Nissan pickups. All the same make. All. Awesome. This one is the best though because it has no AC and no power steering. When I drove it in college I felt like He-Man.

C Belle is turning 3 soon. She is so smart. We went swimming the other day....
C: "See that?" (points to a life preserver hanging on the wall)
ME: "That's a life preserver! To help when someone is drowning"
C: "no mamma, that's an inner-tube. can you say inner-tube?"


C Belle is also a despot. a tyrant. a megalomaniac. I just keep reminding myself that she is... two. I'm pretty sure I was a handful when I was little. NO, i KNOW i was. And my little sister probably suffered more than anyone.

-One time, I filled a bucket of water, brought it up to the treehouse, and tricked her into standing under it by promising her candy.
-I also took toothpaste and smeared it all over her body, then ran and told my mom that she did it herself.
-I took a pen and wrote all over one of our picture albums- or was it a wall? I wrote "ANNA DID THIS"
-I used to silently scratch her or poke her till she cried in the backseat of the car, at the dinner table, watching tv,...pretty much everywhere.

I'm not a sociopath (I think), so I'm pretty sure C-Belle will be ok. I don't know if I, as her parent, will be though. Or Baby Boy. Fun times ahead, eh?

and Baby Boy is just a delight. He is so fat and cute and happy. He is already on his way to crawling (good thing I have a baby gate ready for the stairs!) and he's barely turning 6 months this week.













4 comments:

  1. Yay! I love this update. We miss you guys TONS but guess what?? We're moving back to AZ Sept 1st! (No idea where in AZ but we're coming regardless) I want to see your new casa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we miss you so much!!! I'm so glad that at some point we will see you again!!! So I assume he passed the bar in AZ then? So cool. What kind of jobs are you looking at? Court, right?

      Delete
  2. Paige and Joseph need to move to Flagstaff, too. I think we might end up there in a couple years. It will be like a UofA reunion party.

    By the way, I like hearing your stories of your kids. I envision having smart and fun children someday. The jury is still out on Cliff, but he does like to eat lots of things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just discovered this! What a fun way to start my day! Hoping it sends out reminders when you write new blogs bc I have NO memory to speak of. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete