Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Happy Baby Things That Go 2.0

So when C-Belle was about the age that Baby Boy is now, 17 months, I wrote this blog post about her little quirks and likes and I love that I did that because this is when cuteness is at it's apex (à mon avis). So it's only fitting I write one about Baby Boy.


His favorite book is "Moo, Baa, La La La!" 

His favorite song is "Zoom Zoom Zoom, We're Going to the Moon". I feel like this is by default since I hardly ever sing anything else to him, but, there it is.

He is constantly throwing things. Food, books, drinks, toys, binkies, etc. He really winds up his arm, too. The wind up gives me time to either catch what he is throwing or re-direct his aim so no one gets hurt but, alas, not always.

Baby boy has several nicknames; "Buddy", "Half Track", "Rock Chucker"...

Rock Chucker. HE LOVES ROCKS. Wherever we are, he finds rocks and throws them. He finds the biggest rocks he can and carries them around. He flings handfuls of pebbles into the wind. The best is when there is water around and it can make a big splash. But water isn't necessary. Just rocks.



He loves to see doggies, airplanes, helicopters, ambulances, firetrucks, and people dressed up in giant furry costumes i.e. mascots. When he sees them he kicks his legs furiously and points and claps his hands.

If you play any sort of music, he will dance to it by bobbing his head up and down or swinging his arms like a monkey.

I was relieved when I saw that I had written this about C-Belle when she was this age:
I don't understand anything she says besides "no", "go", and "dada". 
You see, I took Ash to his 15 month appointment and the pediatrician seemed to think he could  be behind since he doesn't have many words beyond "mama", "dada", and "hi".
 Me: "I know that there is a wide range at this age, I'm not worried"
Dr: "You know about child-find though? Through the school district?"
Here is where I'm thinking to myself:  yes, and it's great!... but why are you bringing this up at his 15 month check up...i mean.. come on... 15 months!? 
Me: "Yes, and I will definitely keep an eye on it. Thank you."
The conversation definitely made me think though, the way that every parent thinks when they start comparing kids of the same age, seeing that their child is saying this and that and my child is not, so I guess that's what made me look back in my blog to begin with. For evidence.
I already know that I'm guilty. I'm guilty of not reading as much to Baby Boy as I did for C-Belle (partly because he keeps grabbing the dang books and throwing them across the room! ahh!), for not talking to him as much (I'm usually arguing  talking with his sister), for not singing to him as much (said sister usually flips out when I do. Four years old cannot come soon enough.), for not spending time just playing with him one on one as much, for letting him get away with grunting and pointing for all his needs, for letting him suck on his binkie alllllll day long because I'm pretty sure it helps with his teething pain, and I... I am supposed to know better of all people! The future Speech-Language Pathologist!
.......So yes, I was weirdly relieved even though I already knew deep down not to be worried.

                   ********************************************************

Baby Boy can run and run and climb and step off of high curbs and not fall down. He climbed up to the tallest part of a jungle gym and went down the highest slide all on his own. This kid is sturdy.

Buddy also has a sense of humor. He loves to make us laugh with his funny faces. He is absolutely tickled when he gets to tackle his sister from behind.

He wants to do what you're doing!! Play the piano! Sweep the floor! He even wanted to wipe the counter earlier and it took me forever to figure out what he was pointing to/grunting at.



Baby Boy is still pretty easygoing and happy but he definitely has a stubborn streak. When he doesn't get what he wants, he will throw himself on the floor and pout, kicking his legs in protest.

He thinks a kiss is when you open your mouth really wide and put your teeth on someone, usually an arm or a leg. Sometimes you bite down but only when you feel like you can get away with it.

And man, do I love those hippo teeth!



(P.S. He looks JUST like his daddy. I cannot get over this.)





2 comments:

  1. Wow! Is that last picture Adam? Spitting image!!
    Yeah, Ben's pediatrician had me all worried about his speech being delayed and he was just on the low range of "normal" so I try not to worry with Cat... at least not for another few months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He really DOES! Love the way you capture your munchkins in words & photos! And remember--Cora, at his age, didn't have an older sibling to fill her world, just you. So, of course it's different. In some ways, better.

    ReplyDelete