I hate the I-10. You know, if you go but a half a mile from it in any direction, the landscape is much more bareable. BUt somehow by the freeway, it is the most degraded, depressing dirt I've ever seen except on the way to California, because nothing is uglier than that. But I must add, despite my personal belief that all the dust storms in Phx originiate in the dustiness that is Casa Grande, I really am enjoying their new little shopping center on Florence Blvd. On our way up, we stopped at Culvers and had really bad for you food that was really really good. I had a chocolate custard shake and a sourdough melt and some onion rings. Man it was good. But so so bad.
2. ADAM's BIRTHDAY IS A DIFFICULT THING
He doesn't ever want anything for his birthday. He always gets a pineapple, per tradition, so that's one thing I guess. But I didn't know what to get him. So I DIY'ed it this time and made him an apron that he can eat in his Sunday clothes with and do dishes in. He is always spilling stuff on himself.
3. HUNGER GAMES
this book made me really grateful to have food. and shelter. and to not have people trying to kill me. I liked it, but it definitely felt like a guilty pleasure book. I mean, come on, another teenage love triangle where the heroine is choosing between someone she's comfortable with and a guy she feels is too good for her? Putting people on pedestals are SUCH a great way to start a relationship...whatever. now I gotta get the next one....!
4. ADAM's FAMILY IS RAD.
Seriously. I love them a lot. And it's so fun having two teenager-in-laws.
Now if only I could convince them to be WILDCATS! Then their path towards the RAD SIDE would be complete.
I liked the Hunger Games - it should make a fun movie (even though Lenny Kravitz is going to play Cinna, which is just weird to me). I'm interested to see what your reaction is to the last couple books. I won't spoil them by sharing my opinion.
ReplyDeleteThat is a friggin' sweet apron. I like the spoon holder.
Lenny Kravitz?! Hahahaha. You've condemned his image forever to my imaginary cast.
ReplyDelete