Saturday, October 6, 2012

Last Week's Post..

* I actually wrote this last Sunday but was waiting for pictures of the rat*



THE ROOF RAT MET HIS DEMISE
Finally! I was beginning to wonder if we were wrong somehow in thinking that we had a roof rat.. but lo and behold Adam saw the trap that he laid on the roof laying in the yard and there he was, neck broken, peanut butter on his nose... pretty sad end for him but I am really glad to  not have to worry about droppings on my kitchen counter in the morning. That said, we aren't in the clear just yet! Roofie could have had a family, so we left some traps up on the roof for good measure.

BABY GIRL LIKES TO SLEEP
But not from 1-4 am in the morning. Thankfully my own brain is sort of adjusting to her way of life- I sleep 1 hour and wake up and it feels like 3 or 4.  My dreams are really vivid but they aren't twisted and scary like they were at first. Someday I know she'll sleep through the night but until then, british period dramas are my best friend.  Long enough that I don't have to change dvds so often, and mellow enough not to give me crazy dreams. So far I've watched Emma, Pride and Prejudice, Northanger Abbey, Wives and Daughters, To Serve Them all my Days, Little Dorrit, and I'm starting Horatio Hornblower  tonight.  That's a lot of miniseries for a week and a half! 

THE VOICE IN MY HEAD HAS A BRITISH ACCENT
I just noticed it...No doubt a side effect of the above-mentioned binge...

OUCH
since tuesday I've had sciatica. I don't think its very fair to get nerve pain as soon as you start feeling recovered from delivering a baby. I am seriously resenting my leg at this moment.




1 comment:

  1. My condolences on the sciatica--that stinks! But congrats on catching the roof-rat. And now I am singing Aladdin... "Roof-rat, street-rat, I don't buy that."

    ReplyDelete